Emerging Contaminants Workshop 2020
The emerging contaminants forum will focus on chemicals risk of the future and will feature two international keynote addresses as well as local speakers. The morning keynote address will be by Dr Mark Strynar from the United Stated Environmental Protection Agency discussing “novel PFAS in environmental samples” while the afternoon keynote will be given by Dr Sonia Dagnino (Imperial College, London) discussing “exposomics”. Local speakers will cover a range of topics from regulation, monitoring, risk prioritization and human exposure. Thanks to out supporters we can make this event free and open to all!
Mark Strynar is a Physical Scientist in the Office of Research and Development of the U.S, Environmental Protection Agency since 2002. His research interests include the use of high resolution mass spectrometry (HRMS) to investigate the fate and transport of per and poly fluorinated compounds (PFAS) and other xenobiotic compounds in biological and environmental media.
Sonia Dagnino is a Research Fellow in Computational Epidemiology in the MRC Centre for Environment and Health at Imperial College London. Following her PhD she was a post- doctoral fellow at the United States Environmental Protection Agency in the National Research Laboratory and the University of Arizona. She joined Imperial College in 2016 winning a prestigious Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellowship.
Date: 27th October 2020
Time: 10:00AM AEDT (UTC+10)
Session 1: Environmental Assessment
- 10:00 – 11:00 Mark Stryner, US EPA
- 11:00 – 11:20 Tim Zerk, Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment (Australia)
- 11:20 – 11:40 Shima Ziajhromi, Griffith University
- 11:40 – 12:00 Anu Kumar, CSIRO Land and Water
- 12:00 – 12:20 Vincent Pettigrove, RMIT University
- 12:20 – 12:40 Robert Symons, Eurofins
Session 2: Exposure and Impact
- 13:30 – 14:00 Kevin Thomas, University of Queensland
- 14:00 – 14:20 Kathryn Linge, ChemCentre
- 14:20 – 14:40 Jason Whyte, University of Melbourne
- 14:40 – 15:00 Andrew Gooley, Trajan
- 15:00 – 15:20 Leisa-Maree Toms, QUT
- 15:20 – 16:00 Sonia Dagnino, Imperial College (UK)
Australian Laboratory for Emerging Contaminants (ALEC) Launch
- 16:00 – 16:30 Brad Clarke, University of Melbourne
From all of us at the Australian Laboratory for Emerging Contaminants, we hope you have a fun and eventful day. For more information about our lab, please visit alec.science.unimelb.edu.au
Upcoming SETAC AU Meetings
The next SETAC AU conference will be held in 2021. Please check back later for more information.